Jan 29, 2013

Half a Decade...

Sunday was mine and Papa's fifth wedding anniversary.  We joke about not being able to believe that it's been 5 years...  Because it feels like 20!  ;)

Five years ago I was so nervous...  Getting dressed...  Doing my makeup and hair just so... Spending hours preparing for the ultimate moment when we would say our wedding vows...





Then when I arrived at the courthouse, Papa took me around the back of the building to a tree.  Behind the tree he had hidden a bouquet of orchids (my favorite) and roses.  He grabbed up the bouquet, got down on one knee, and asked if I would marry him.




It was so romantic...  Until it was comical!  "Ummm, I'm pretty sure that's what I just spent hours getting ready for..."  We both laughed and he said he just wanted to give me one last chance if I was going to bail.  Haha, silly Papa...


(Maybe I should have given HIM a chance to bail!)


Now, 5 years and two children later, here we are.  And I love him more today than the day we got married. Much more.  Isn't it funny how marriage works that way?  You marry someone that you think you know, and you know you love, only to later find out there was so much more to that person than you could have ever imagined.  The old adage is true; it takes a lifetime to get to know someone.  And I'm grateful that God had enough humor to put the two of us crazies together!




My one and only, partner in crime - Happy Anniversary!!




2 comments:

  1. i can start by saying some much about how i feel about this. for now all i can say is that you are more than i have ever imagine in my life now days or ever before , the rest i will tell you in person . contigo todos los dias son un dia de amor , gracias por tu paciencia . con cariƱo y mucho amor .

    carlos guerrero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete