Dec 25, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

It is 2am, and GC just fell asleep, finally. Tomorrow (well, technically later today) is Christmas, and we will spend it with family, good food, and hopefully some wine thrown in there too. :) I didn't get any presents for either of the kids this year, it just feels weird without Carlos here. We didn't make a big deal out of GC's birthday, Nena's birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving (except with Carlos' family because Abuelita was in town). I know my kids will still get a few gifts from my family, so I'm not worried about GC feeling left out. I will be picking up a Buzz Lightyear bike with training wheels for GC later this week, so I am super excited about that! He is gonna love it! That was originally going to be his gift, but I couldn't get it coordinated in time.

Christmas isn't all about gifts though, and I don't want to instill materialism in my children. After all, the most precious gift you can give anyone is your time. This is a lesson that has really been driven home lately. So if you have your family close, hug them and kiss them, cherish the moments you have, because it is the little, ordinary moments that you miss when you don't. I can't wait to have my family again! It is so close I can taste it, and the suspense is exciting!



Merry Christmas everyone!
The Guerreros

No comments:

Post a Comment