Dec 27, 2012

What?! A WHITE Christmas?!

Yay!  I finished all my Christmas gifts!  I didn't know if I was going to make it or not!  But I pushed through, and got it done.  I have to say, I am very proud of myself!  I think my husband was a bit surprised because I am a big goal-setter and list-maker and have these grand ideas, but I don't have much follow-through.  I think I set the bar so high for myself that I get burned out real quick when I realize I can't live up to my own expectations!  Thank God He is a lot more merciful on us than I am on myself, otherwise we would all be in trouble... He is constantly teaching me and reminding me to r e l a x.....  :)

Anywho, we had loads of fun with the family.  I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to get of all the gifts I made, but I did remember to get a few before everyone headed home!

Jay-Jay loves Hello Kitty!!



Papa and my brother-in-law

I just LOVE how awesome these bearded beanies turned out!  I got the pattern for the beards over at Busting Stitches.  The pattern for my hubby's beanie can be found at Shara Lambeth Designs. And my brother-in-law's beanie is a Brainwaves Beanie from Playin' Hooky Designs.

My Mommy (aka Nana)


Bella's Skinny Scarf

Hopefully I'll remember to get pictures of the rest of the gifts I made so I can post them up for y'all to see!

It's a Snow Tiger! ;)
And then we had a Christmas miracle!  Snow?!  On Christmas?!  God sure knows just how to give the perfect gift to excite little 3 year old boys, and adults alike!  GC had been trying to convince me for weeks that it would snow on Christmas, and I kept telling him that it probably wouldn't, knowing that if I couldn't talk him out of it, he would be very disappointed Christmas Day.  We live in Texas... It never snows here (wasn't it 80 degrees just a few days ago?!).  But apparently his faith was bigger than mine, not entangled with the "technicalities and realities" of life.  When we woke up this morning, the first thing he did was look out the window and ask if it was snowing yet.  And sure enough, he got his Christmas wish.  Here ya go little boy!  God sure does love you a lot.

GC and Papa





No comments:

Post a Comment